The camp presented an opportunity for me to work with my volunteers at a deeper level as planning this camp required a lot more effort than the usual Saturday sessions. During this phase, I received much support from the numerous recce trips and brainstorming sessions that ensued. I enjoyed the planning process and was encouraged to receive advice from senior volunteers.
The camp programme took an abrupt turn barely a week before camp and I’m glad to say it was the resolve of the volunteers who made it run smoothly. The pressure to make the camp a success was unavoidable was it served to conclude this year’s effort. All that worry was unfounded as everyone played their role well – the students, the volunteers…and even the weather. :) I’m thankful I have a supportive team.
Looking back, I’m glad to have the opportunity to organize a camp and the experience has been awesome. This endeavor was an avenue for personal growth as I got to experience firsthand the difference between planning and execution, the limits of technology in correspondence, and how to adapt to differing viewpoints and make a stand.
Though camp was over a week ago, the lessons learned and the memory lives on. :)
-Huihui
Sunday, November 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment